Finding Information for Class or Subject
Welcome to the Gen Ed - Communications Library Research Guide. This libguide will help you find resources for assignments in the following courses: English Composition; Oral/Interpersonal Communication; Intro to College Writing, Communication in the Workplace and Technical Reporting.
- Introduction to the Library - General library information and accessing resources from home. Also has Library Instruction Survey
- Social Issues - For assignments requiring persuasive wiritng or speaking
- Work Issues - For assignments with specific or general work or job related topics
- Informative Speeches - For assignments on how to do something, how to make something, or how something works
- Career - For assignments on researching potential or chosen occupations
- Cultural Issues - For assignments requiring research on other countries or cultures, including Compare & Contrast and Intercultural Communication
- APA & Plagiarism - How to do a reference page and tools for creating APA papers and references
Searching WCTC Library Resources using Ebsco Discovery Service
Ebsco Discovery Service is a program that allows access to most of WCTC Library’s information resources through a single search box. This means that when you search for a topic such as “study skills” in Ebsco Discovery, your search results will include print books, electronic books, magazine and journal articles, newspaper articles and streaming video – all in one results list. Try it out!
Search Ebsco Discovery Service